Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Joys of Parenting

Molly is crawling now and spends much of her time on the carpet. Its an interesting feeling to be so proud that your baby is learning new things but also so frustrated that your baby is learning bad things.

Example 1: Molly is learning to feed herself which makes me so proud. BUT she is learning by picking up gross things off the floor and choking on them. Gross!

Example 2: Molly is learning how to hold her own bottle which is so awesome. BUT she is also learning how to throw her bottle and wave it around her face so milk gets everwhere. Not fun.

Example 3: Molly is starting to laugh more. BUT when she is really happy she will scream at the top of her lungs. So you can try to make her laugh but make sure its not too funny or it will hurt your ears.

When I pictured motherhood I never did picture myself having to pick my childs boggers and search my baby's mouth with my finger to find nasty leaves, hairs, crumbs etc. But its all part of the job right? There is definitely a reason why children come out cute and learn to smile really fast.

Here's a video of Molly trying to walk along the couch. I think she is going to be a born boot-scoot-and-boogie-er because she keeps doing the grapevine.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I don't envy you, that she learned to crawl at that age. Parker was 9 months old & that was too early for me. LOL. Gotta love motherhood!

Val said...

So cute! You're giving me something to look forward to

thecuteone said...

Her laugh and squeal are so dang cute!

Brenna

US!! said...

Ha ha she looks like she is enjoying that...