Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Upgrades, downgrades

So I have had some thoughts and revelations since the last post. I really don't get on the internet much when I'm not already on the computer doing homework. Hence the long absence of posting over the last couple weeks. With school being out (no guilt) and the summer here (fishing is back in season) there are so many more exciting things to do than be on the internet dreaming about a new coin on ebay. So, all that being said you can expect posting over the summer to be less frequent. The posts (when they happen) will be considerably more exciting though and hopefully we will have a camera for pictures.

In other news, we have both received upgrades recently. My best friend Frank is getting married in August and asked me to be his best man. I consider that an upgrade - going from involved with every decision of a wedding to a bystander who is occasionally in goofy pictures. On Sunday Sara arose out of the depths of ward athletic director with me to the relief society secretary. Tons of fun. Softball season starts in 3 weeks and I will be the sole person overseeing that. It's not a hard task though.

We got our garden all planted last week. We were able to convince all our neighbors that they really weren't going to have a garden. Last summer they all swore they would have a full garden and spoke of the things they would grow. All it turned into was a bunch of balogna and a huge pile of weeds. Now that we have the whole plot we have 20 plants of potatoes, lots of corn, some watermelons, pumpkins, sunflowers, and even tomatoes and bell peppers.

Saturday we went to see Star Trek. Good movie. In its own respect it was as good as batman. I never got into the whole star trek series but they explain everything so you aren't left out anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I just have to wait two months to see if it is any good at all. I am so excited that you get to be frank's bestman, see if it would be ok to post pics then!

Lindee said...

How do you grow balogna? Bologna? Really...I'm curious! Lol...I agree about Star Trek. I remember watching the show a couple of times when I was little and didn't really dig it, but the movie was pretty exciting, and I wasn't confused. Especially when I put Scotty and "beam me up" together. Lol.