Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Guess who got a new camera for their birthday!

Yep it was me. I got a new sweet camera for my 23rd birthday today. Its a canon powershot a1000 IS and it is wonderful. It has a feature so that it looks for faces and focuses on them. Plus, we can hook it up directly to my printer that I bought a year ago. It was the cheapest printer I could find so it is a happy coincidence that it works with it. We've been on picture drought for so long I think I may have gone crazy taking pictures and movies. I had Sara be my Vanna (Lilly)white for the day for product demonstrations. She did a swell job at that.




Sara's KitchenAid Mixer that we got from Mom and Dad. This saves so much time (especially making cookies)

Even though this might look like a grapevine, it's actually a tree that is tipping over. I'm hoping that it will someday be as cool as "the bouncy tree" at Temple Flat. I was going to test it today to see if it is ready for bouncing but the ground was muddy.


We went up to Logan Canyon and met mom and dad in the trailer. They are staying the night at Franklin Basin so we met them for dinner and cake.

And what a cake it was courtesy of Sara's cooking skills.

Before going to see Mom and Dad we went mini golfing and I had one bad shot shown here which allowed me to practice my rock climbing skills. This is my actual shot by the way I didn't just act this one out.

This is my whiteboard upstairs with one of my favorite mind boggling "equations". Thank you Vanna.

Sara gave me this nifty watch for our anniversary on Saturday.

Our crops are coming up too. Last year when I planted Sunflowers only a third of them came up so this year I planted them 2 seeds to a hole and 8 inches apart. I'll be danged if every seed came up! They are supposed to get up to 8 feet tall!

The most delicous cake and beautiful cook. That card she gave me was awesome as well.

The camera does really well at close up pictures and our roses are blooming.

This rose is my favorite.

I gave Sara this ipod station for our anniversary. 25 bucks at Wal-Mart.

This is my dart board which if you remember is directly opposite the wall where the whiteboard hangs on. I think I may need to improve my aim. You'll notice there is a rug behind the board to prevent people who have a lack of skill from damaging the wall behind.

When I woke up this morning Sara had already been up for a while decorating the house with signs to help me remember that today is my birthday. By the way our camera does have sound I just didn't say anything when recording. She also made me a delicious traditional Lillywhite breakfast with pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns and lots of it. So delicious.

6 comments:

Lindee said...

haha your blogs always make me laugh. happy birthday btw!

Frank and Amy said...

Hope you had a swell birthday Fred!

thecuteone said...

Your blogs are always a delight to read. I'm excited to now see pictures!!

Goldthorpes said...

Happy Birthday Fred we will help you celebrate when you come to California.

Anonymous said...

man, we all are turning 23! It is so weird! Anyway cool pics with the camera! And you have got to love the 25 dollar walmart special. Happy belated bday!

Heidi-n-Scott said...

Cute! Well, happy birthday Fred. And happy (late) anniversary to the both of ya!!! :D