Saturday, November 21, 2009

Weirdness

We've had some weird stuff happen lately. First off, my windshield exploded the other day. Okay so it didn't exactly "explode" - but it didn't get hit or anything either. And to my credit, it actually did bubble out. Check it out. At first glance it looks like ice but the sun is shining. If you click on the picture you can see it better. At the same time my car stereo started working because the antenna is in the window like the line heaters. It just happened all in one day when the temperature dropped really fast. It ws in the 50s the day before then it snowed and froze that night. Not sure if that's the root cause or not, but it makes me feel a little better. If you poked it with your finger you could poke all the way through.
Sara signed up for part-time substitute teaching here in Logan. Her first assignment was this week and she subbed for home ec at Logan HS. That was her major when she was in school so its cool that she can try it out. She had quite a day and said it was funny to see how little things get blown up so they are so important. Which when I reflect back on my high school life I can totally relate. My #2 .7mm techniclick pencil (with removeable eraser) was the coolest thing ever. Wait a minute, that might not be in the past. I'm still jealous about (and have) that pencil. It's the bom-diggity.
In other news, we have been playing a lot of street fighter and mario kart. One of my study buddies is becoming an expert at it too so we have lots of fun. Oh and speaking of studying, I am finally reaching the end of my art symposium class. So boring! This week I ( and sara too I couldn't stand to suffer alone) went to an undergraduate art exhibit of pictures. Oh the pictures were so pretty, especially the 5 pictures of corrugated pipe. I don't know if the people taking the pictures were from africa where corrugate pipe is rare or if they really had no imagination. The pictures were even blown up to 24 by 36. What a waste of ink and a waste of my time. Last night we went to a string chamber recital and that was a nice nap except for when the performers kept waking me up. I decided that the only type of classical music I like is oldies.

1 comment:

Frank said...

That stinks that the weather broke your window. We had the weather break our window once----And then the weather opened the door removed my stereo and tools and cd's. You just never know what the weather's going to do! Crazy Weather!