Monday, January 11, 2010

Quotes, road testing

We ordered the carseat online from wally mart and got it Saturday. It went together a lot easier than the dang crib. Disappointment has been expressed over the lack of pictures of the actual crib so we are attempting to make up for it with these honeys. It also seemed pretty robust too so I did some off road testing... on the stairs. During the test I discovered that the little stops on the front shopping cart type wheels (that force the wheels to go straight) don't hold very well under mountain use. They just came loose and so the wheels went everywhere and made it really hard to hold. Someday I need to test it in a river to see how it does as a boat (or possibly a very expensive floating donut apparatus).




I discovered a lot of quotes either by chance or as a result of my mouth saying things without my brain giving it permission. These are from Sara's scriptures which I discovered in church. They're funny but still pretty good. "Not forgiving is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies" "The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your arm" "The church is not a museum for saints but a hospital for sinners" This next one deserves some background. We were playing rook with some friends - boys vs. girls and the boys were getting killed badly. Then we pulled some magic out of our hat and started winning. Then somebody said something about what should you do when you get bucked off a horse and then my mouth went into autopilot and I finished the sentence with " you just get back on until the quarter is through". Remember when you could go to wal mart and ride the horse for a quarter (and it was cool, not weird)? Yeah that's where that came from. Anyway, the full quote is thus: "When the horse bucks you off, you just get back on until the quarter is through" Now that I'm thinking about it, that may be one of those experiences where you just had to have been there. But I was there, and it was funny.

2 comments:

Heidi-n-Scott said...

Aaahhhh Fred, you make me laugh! LOL Thanks for sharing.

thecuteone said...

Fred you really crack me up. Thanks for being my comic relief for the day!! :)

Brenna