Tuesday, January 5, 2010

good times

We bought a crib and carseat the day after christmas but couldn't bring it home that day. Wouldn't quite fit in the car. We ended up coming back to get it later after Sara's parents picked it up with their truck from the store. Anyway, finally got it home and started putting it together. I didn't think I'd need instructions but wanted to have them anyway (in case the room got cold and I needed to start a fire of course). It didn't take long before I kinda woulda liked the instructions. If you've put one together you know there are these little threaded studs that go in a hole which you then have to stuff a long bolt into. Well that wasn't working very well. I ended up having to turn them over so they were totally upside down. A couple other things seemed a little goofy too but I just kept going. We were just going to put it together for the day and then take it apart til mid march or something. After about an hour I got the thing put together and was ready to put the spring in the bottom. I had just finished telling Sara how stupid it was that the directions weren't in the box. I even mentioned how stupider it would be if they were in the box with the spring - the last thing to go in the crib. Hopefully that will explain this picture. Stupid huh?

Sara has been making and fixing things with her new sewing machine. One is this apron. We were making spaghetti or something and she put her shiny new apron on so I threw one on too (not to be outdone).

On new years we went and saw sherlock holmes. Good movie. I have been thinking for weeks that school started back up again today but last week I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it doesn't start up til the 11th. I feel like a prisoner whose been given a week extension on his execution date! Yay.

3 comments:

EV Source said...

I'm glad school doesn't start until the 11th. I'm dreading school too, but only because you won't be working as much (yeah, I'm the evil greedy employer!).

Thanks for your great work!

Lindee said...

again i'm laughing at one of your posts. that box is hilarious! didn't anyone ever teach you to read EVERYTHING before you begin? i'm sure mrs. davis taught that in the...study skills?....class. haha. that's totally something i would do though! nice aprons btw...very chic!

Anonymous said...

JAKE DID THIS! but instead of admitting defeat and reading the instructions he hammered the pieces into place... breaking it in two. So our crib was mainly pink duct tape! lol. I guess there is something to be said about instructions and kid stuff!