Sunday, June 20, 2010

Changes around here

Since Molly joined us in March we have been making some necessary adjustments to our daily routines as well as gaining new skills. I've been trying to keep track of them because they are somewhat interesting. Here's my reader's digest version of this list so far.

1. We go to bed before 12:00 every night (usually around 10:30)
2. We give Molly a bath and put her to bed at 9-9:30
3. I have to admit that the main thing I used to detest about dvd players is now a common thing for us - subtitles. We always use them so we don't wake Molly! Perhaps that is why they were invented
4. My right arm is getting extremely muscly (mussely, musculuarly??) from holding Molly.
5. We can do just about anything with one free hand including
- using the computer
- cooking dinner
- write checks (a new development)
- carry a carseat, gospel principles manual, scripture case, folder, and diaper bag and somehow lock the car all in one shot.
- mini golf (still needs improvement)
6. Fred has become increasingly nimble with his big toes. Last night I successfully pulled the recliner lever on our couch with my left toe.
7. We change diapers faster than a cowboy can tie calf legs in a PRC rodeo.
8. We recently told comcast to take a hike and got on the netflix bandwagon.
9. My ears are becoming accustomed to loud screams so that I barely notice.
10. We can walk to the kitchen, make a bottle (one-handed of course), and be reclining in the couch holding Molly all within two minutes of having woken up.
11. We feel like moles with the time we spend in the apartment. Going outside requires at least 5 minutes of light adjustment time.
12. We have learned how to walk on a squeaky floor without waking a sleeping baby in your arms.
13. Fred has discovered that lifting weights are for people without kids. If I keep benchlifting Molly then by the time she is 16 my muscles will be nice and toned!

So that's my list so far. I'm sure more will be added in the coming months. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kenyon and Jeannette Petersen said...

That's some skills you guys have acquired! I'm glad you're enjoying Molly though! I'm excited to see how much she's grown when we get back! I need to text you sometime soon so we can catch up!

Unknown said...

Maybe someday we'll all get to use both our hands (I'm typing this with one hand).

Heather said...

I love it :) You are such a cute family and Molly is so stinkin adorable. Isn't it fun to watch them smile? It never gets old. I couldn't be happier for you. I know you are an amazing mom.