Wednesday, January 19, 2011

new job

For those of you who haven't heard (through the grapevine or through the book of many faces) I was offered a job down in Cottonwood Heights. I will finally have a job as a mechanical engineer! The company (Dynatronics) makes medical devices and I will be working on the new design and maintaining documentation for past devices. Some other stuff too but that seems like the main things right now. This job came at us like a freight train. I applied for it (online) about 3 weeks ago. They called me the next day for a phone interview and I had a site interview on Friday. The next week I had a 2nd interview and offer by Friday. I start on the 31st.

We haven't found a place to live yet and that has been frustrating. We spent all day today trying to find a house to rent anywhere from Lehi to Bountiful. If anyone knows of a decent house to rent let us know. We looked at one today in a place where my uncle said a lot of people get shot. The house looked really nice inside and out but I don't want to have to get a pressure washer to clean dead bodies off my front porch.

Once upon a time we had a routine that we tried to follow. We'd get Molly to bed around 8:30-9 and then we would be in bed by 10:30. Now that we are in cleaning mode our schedule has gone through the window and we are feeling the effects of it. Oh the joys of moving in a rush!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That is such good news. We're so happy for you guys!! My brother and sister-in-law are also looking for a place, I'll ask them if they have seen anything that may suit you guys.

Noel said...

Way to go guys! I'm glad to hear that worked out. I don't know anything about where to live in SLC, but best of luck to you!

Kenyon and Jeannette Petersen said...

I also don't have a suggestion on where to live but congrats on the job! I hope you guys enjoy your new place...when you find it!

Goldthorpes said...

Yeah! Congratulations to the future Cottonwood Lillywhite's. How exciting.

Frank and Amy said...

I think you should move closer to Lehi, so we can see you more. That is not very far from us!