Wednesday, July 15, 2009

peeling skin

Seems like its been a while since I posted anything so let me try to recap without much boredom or ado about what we've been doing. We went to the family reunion over the 4th. I got lots of golf in that week. I went Thursday morning and then went with the fam on Friday. It would appear that was about my last good round of golf too. Since then I haven't done so well. I went with a friend the next couple weeks and couldn't keep it together. I'm going in the morning with the hopes of doing better.

Fishing has still been really hot at 1st dam. I caught a few and gave them to my boss who digs them. He ate them all (6) within a day or two of me giving them to him. The fishing is still good there now but there are a bunch of goons who fish there to the side of me who don't know how to fish. Last time I went I had a mexican guy cast over my line 11 times. And 11 times he reeled it in thinking he had snagged a fish. One time I really did catch a fish and got it close to the bridge I fish off of. When the fish was probably 30 yards away this guy came over right next to me and I said "Hey hang on a minute - let me bring in this fish first before you cast out." I totally wasted a breath of air saying that. I think it would have been more productive for my fishing soul for me to yell "FIRE!" and point far away in hopes of distracting him for a couple seconds. My reason for that is because the guy didn't catch a word. He cast right over me (and 2 other lines) and of course he caught my line. He did a fake-out cast where he looked straight but cast way left. And since I had a fish on when he felt my line with weight on it he got all sorts of excited, starts reeling as fast as he can, then starts yelling to his other friends something in spanish to which all his friends come over to watch him reel in the fish. Really man? really? Needless to say the fish got off and I was so mad I had to leave. I haven't been back since.

So I have started taking up mini golf. I went the other day and was digging it up so much that I am actually going to enter a mini golf tournament here in Logan. Mini golf is a blast but 5 bucks a pop.

Sara's work has just gone downhill. She's been actively searching for a new job for the past couple months but now that search has intensified. It's just a bad time to find a job, especially in Logan.

Oh and I forgot to mention when we went to Bear Lake for the reunioni on the 4th I took great precautions to not get a sunburn. I was lathering up every hour on the hour. I think our sunscreen only lasts 59 minutes so in that minute between the sunscreen fading out and my new application of sunscreen I ended up getting burned on the top of my head and the bottoms of my ankles. Sara on the other hand is refusing to accept her Lillywhiteness and tried to tan a little. She burned her legs above the knees pretty bad. But it actually turned out to be quite entertaining too. We went swimming the other day and when we were going down she started peeling some dead skin off and got this piece (all one piece by the way) that was probably as big as a slice of humungo pizza! I thought she was going to peel off her whole leg! I wish I had a picture because it was amazing. I bet she could get in the guiness book of world records for it. Very exciting.

3 comments:

Goldthorpes said...

Sara peels skin like a lizard! What next.

US!! said...

I totally feel for ya with the peeling, keith and I have been for the past week.

Anonymous said...

I was so sick of being the whitest person in alaska (and there are a lot of white people up here) that I went ahead and bought some of the jergen's natural glow. It works great, and you don't turn orange! Tell sara it is a must use! ;)