Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Don't Know?

I am officially 40 weeks pregnant. There is one thing I have learned through this pregnany is that this baby is very different from Molly. So far I have been wrong about so many things, this baby loves to surprise me. Last weeek I went to the doctor and asked to be induced. My doctor told me that I would have to be dilated to a 2 in order to be induced. Well I was barely at a 1 so he striped my membranes and said that should push me into labor in the next couple days.

At this point I was excited thinking I didnt really need to plan for the weekend because I was going to have this baby by easter. Since last wednesday I been having contractions every day, definitely not strong enough or frequent enough to go to the hospital, just enough to get my hopes up. Then last night I started having contractions every 2 mins for 3 or 4 hours, I called my parents to take Molly for the night and until 2 am we were timing contractions and preparing for the hospital. The only thing we were waiting on was for the contractions to be strong enough because they were really light. Finally around 2 am I was so tried I just wanted to lay down for a minute and that is when my contractions stopped.

I had a doctors appointment scheduled at 9:50 am this morning and after last night I felt going into that appointment like I facing my teacher after failing a test. I asked him again if I could be induced and after he checked my dilation I was still at 1. Which made me realized two things: I dont really know what true labor is, and I was relieved that we made the right decision last night by not going to the hopsital. The doctor stripped my membranes again and scheduled an induction for sunday. I am currently fifth in line to be induced which means I will probably go to the hospital around 9 in the morning. I am not to happy at this point with being pregnant til sunday but I have no control over it so I accept it.

So if you havent heard from me its not because I was too busy at the hospital with a new baby to talk to anyone. Its just means I have nothing to report other then the fact that I am still pregnant and still waiting for this baby to come.

If you want to know how ready I am to have this baby here is my lastest pregnancy picture.

5 comments:

Goldthorpes said...

I feel for you Sara. You should try walking alot to encourage the baby to come faster, I hear this helps. It will be funny if our babies have the same birthdate. I am scheduled for Monday. Wish you the best.

Amber said...

Hang in there! Good luck with everything. You'll do great!

Heidi-n-Scott said...

Oh wow, haha. I feel your pain, Sara! With my 2nd baby, I asked my doctor every week (for about 4 weeks) to strip my membranes and do anything else he thought of, just to get that baby OUT. haha. She finally came though, 2 days after my due date. Good luck to you! Can't wait to see pictures of your new baby. :)

mekbailey said...

Oh man!! Hang in there my friend. :)

Val said...

Hang in there. Going over my due date by 4 days seems so much shorter now than it did when I was waiting to have Derrick. They can't stay in there forever.