Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kyla's Name

Many people have been asking how we came up with Kyla's name and I don't think I have ever written down her full name so here it is: KYLA MARY LILLYWHITE

KYLA: We decided on this name probably 3 days before Kyla was born. Around the beginning of march I was really starting to get worried because we couldn't agree on any names. From the beginning Fred has loved the name Jaclyn, which I never liked. I was really in love with the name Lauren, which Fred didn't really like. So one night we finally decided that we would completely start over with name picking and went online to search for something we both would like. After looking at a couple dog name sites (Molly is the number one dog name) we saw the name Kyla on a baby name site and it stuck around since then.

MARY: Once we found the first name the middle name wasn't to hard. Molly's middle name is Susan which is my middle name but more importantly she was really named after my mother. We both wanted a family name and since we have my mom's name for Molly we went with Fred's Mom for Kyla. Fred mother is Mary Kathryn and although she has always gone by her middle name we really liked Mary for a middle name as a way to honor her.

LILLYWHITE: Although we know she will only be having this name for hopefully 25 years (I can dream). Kyla like Molly will be a champ at writing her Y's and L's.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I love her face. Adorable! Isn't it nice when you finally pick a name out? Girl names are hard! :)

Heidi-n-Scott said...

haha nice. And cute outfit!

mekbailey said...

I'm pretty certain that her middle name is Mary because of the profound influence I have had in your lives . . .

Fred and Sara said...

Yes Mary I think you can take some credit on the middle name as well. But the catch is: you have to still be around in 18 years so when we tell her how we got her name, she will know who we are talking about when we say our friend Mary. :)