Tuesday, July 22, 2008

update

The transitions happnin around here are going pretty good. Sara is officially done with Kohl's and has started her new job at Direct Financial Solutions. She is in training for the next two weeks but her hours are great: 9:30-3. After training she has to work 4-10 and we're not real excited about that but at this point we have to think about how her schedule will work with school. In the meantime, we have lots of time at night to go fishing, swimming, movies, or just chillax. We've also had to make some decisions about my job. It's becoming apparent that the days of staying home all week long and getting work are gone. In order for me to get 40 hrs a week I need to go on-site to the oilfield or to a fabrication shop at least once a week to get drawings to work the rest of the week. I even spend a few hours a week doing sales calls. One of my sales calls landed us a customer in Rock Springs who wants a drafter 3 times a month at his site. I'm pretty sure I can make that happen just fine. Problem is, before I'm ready to go 3 times a month I need some heavy training with their software and how their company works. What that equates to is that in the next few weeks I'm taking a business trip to Rock Springs, staying there 3 days a week for 2 weeks. The company will pay for hotel, food, gas, provide a car, and pay extra for the time I work there. They would even let Sara come up with me. It's almost too bad she got a job so quick. I'm not sure exactly when I'll go up there or what I'll do with my evenings in Rock Springs - I'm thinking fishing and golf. All this is going to happen just as we're trying to get school figured out. First day is August 25.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fred we are so proud of you, look at what a great provider you are already to your little family. That is sad that Sara got a job already, that would have been a fun trip. We are so glad to see that things are going well for you guys. Love ya- Tom and Dani

Unknown said...

update your stinkin' blog, we are sooooo in the dark out here!!!