Monday, October 20, 2008

Deer hunt

The deer hunt was a blast this weekend! It was so fun to get up in the mountains and away from school and work for a couple days. I don't think we could've asked for much better weather. The roads weren't slick and it got nice and warm by mid morning. Of course it's always bitter cold at 6 when we got up but that's to be expected on most days in October. Me, Keith, and Steven saw 2 bucks but didn't take any shots. I couldn't tell what they were in my scope and plus if I can't tell they are bucks from that far away I probably would have a hard time hitting one. I saw one deer about 10 minutes after we started brushing that I could've nabbed but it was just a doe. Mom's party was a lot of fun too. We liked seeing everybody just as much as Mom did. The basketball game was extremely intense. I was so beat by night's end. Then we had to head back so I could get up early to do my homework at the house. I was kindof worried that I may fall asleep on the way home but we ended up talking the whole way home. We have been around eachother the whole weekend but haven't had much time together to just talk.

Next morning I did homework til church at 1 then we went to Kaysville after church to see Sara's sister Katie who is in town from Chicago. We haven't seen her since the wedding so it was nice to have a more relaxed atmosphere. We played clue until someone cheated and then it became not so fun. grrr. We came back around 10:30 then it was back to homework til 2:45 when I gave up. I worked on it before, after, and sometimes during classes and finally got it done 4 minutes before it was due. What a pain. I also got the results of my tests back from last week. On the Monday morning class I did the best in the class on the test. I have no clue how - maybe the teacher liked the line made as a result of the test getting pulled out of my hand. I didn't get 100 on it but the teacher is one of those cool ones where he thinks every test will have at least 100%. So, he took my grade and added points to it so that I got the 100 and everyone else got boosted up the same number of points. I don't know what I really got on the test but the 100 sure makes me feel good. The Thursday test, though, was a bear! I have refrained from speaking about it all week to spare others from a possible slough of angry words directed at the professor. Want to know what the class average was? 50.7 %. And the teacher doesn't even care. He thinks that his teaching is flawless and if the class average is really low it's because he just got a stupid batch of kids - so in other words - no curve. I got a 65 on the test and was happy with that. I guessed on 13 of the 20 questions. Total guesses! All I can say is I must be a good guesser. Word is, there are a lot of mechanical engineering students who lose their scholarships each year as a result of this class. I have lost mine before but appealed the loss and got it back. I had a few B's that they didn't like but apparently they don't have forgiveness for D's. Sara also did pretty good on her chemistry test. Probably better than I did when I had to suffer through that class.

Me and Dad also went hunting Monday night up Mill Canyon. We saw lots of deer and at just before dark we saw 3 deer. One of which was a 2x3 buck. I had it in my scope just as it went over the ridge and looked back at me. I fired a shot and the deer jumped about a foot in the air but then I never saw it again. Man I really needed Frank there to help me shoot him. We have mad skills in that area as evident by my first buck up 6 mile. It only took me 17 shots to down that deer and it would've been more if Frank wasn't shooting too. It was so much fun to shoot at one though. It would've been a nice deer too. Dang.

No comments: