Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dead week




It's been some time since I last posted. We are still alive - just barely. School is working us over. We spend almost all our time between school or work or homework. We live for the weekends. And then they are over too soon. Or we end up just sleeping through them (see Frank & Amy's blog). The big news around here is that Sara went to the instacare the other day. She cut her wrist really deep on a piece of glass and had to get stitches. It is healing really well and she will get them out tomorrow. I wasn't here when it happened so I didn't see it. Sara had also lost her phone so she couldn't call me. She gets them out tomorrow and has a new phone now. My classes are killing me. Aside from the time we got to spend with Frank and Amy for conference, I was trying to figure out a design problem for one of my classes. I never figured it out. I ended up just giving up and turning what I had in hoping to get some partial credit. This class is the advanced version of a class I took last Fall and I did really well in it and I enjoyed the material. Now I am just hoping to get a C out of the class. I can continue on in my degree with a D. I'd lose my scholarship either way. Very stressful.
A month or so ago I had a couple minutes and fixed our dishwasher. The supports for the door are weak or just broken so it hangs down low like this.
So I got some 100 lb test wire and rigged it as shown. I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with my work. The problem now is that when you shut the door the wires stick out. But there are no sharp edges that will cut you, just the coiled wire. We figure it was worth it.
And I realized that we don't have a picture on the blog of one of the selling points of this apartment -- the toilet! Or as I like to call it 'The Throne'. I don't think any explanation outside this picture is necessary.
You feel like a little kid again because you feet dangle when you're on it.
Other than that , I did end up going hunting last weekend with our cousin Andrew but we didn't see anything. I might go this Friday but I'm not sure. It's hard for me to do homework on Fridays (for the full day anyway). I'm just so burnt out by then that all I want to do is sleep or do anything else but homework. This week is 'dead week' in school. Next week I have a test in all my classes and I would bet it's the same for Sara. Then...... Deer Huntin'

1 comment:

Frank and Amy said...

I think it would be appropriate to say that he who sits on this toilet is "High on Pot" wouldn't you agree? Also, I thought you might say it was dead week because you came to see us at the Mortch, guess not, phewww. Thanks again for coming to visit, it was fun. Love Frank and Amy