Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weekend hooplah

Over the weekend we went to Kaysville and met up with Keith and Danielle and Frank and Amy for lunch at Mimi's Cafe. Sadly, though, we did not meet Mimi. We came pretty close but no cigar. I got a burger because I wasn't so sure about their soup and/or sandwich selection. Bad idea. Even though I ate 4 pasta bowls at Olive Garden, I couldn't even down that one measly half pound burger. Not because I was full but because it didn't sit well inside me. I did make it out alive and relatively unscathed. I don't have plans to return in the near future either. Then we went to old navy where we both got new pants. My current trousers have large holes in them (as usual) but the position of the holes at this point are undesirable. And that's about all I'm gonna say about that. I still plan to wear the holy pants just not in public. (church is still debatable). Then Frank went to Golden Corral for his high school reunion. I have to say good job to him for going to that. I don't want to go to any class reunions. So, Frank and Amy dropped off Ava and Koben with the 4 of us and we all watched them for a while until me and Keith figured everything was under control and slipped out to play some tennis. After we finally found the courts, I discovered that I am terribly out of shape and was sweating like a Lillywhite the entire time. Good thing I wore deodorant that day. We are about even at tennis so it was a good match all around. Extremely tiring but fun. Then we came back to Keith's apartment and found everything was on the verge of chaos. Sara had one (only one) painted fingernail, they were all tuned in to Mickey mouse as if a national tragedy had occurred, and Koben was in the corner stacking milk cartons. Later Koben stacked a bunch of spaghetti-o cans and did very well I might add. Then Frank and Amy returned to save the day and return order to the milk cartons and spaghetti-o's. When they left me and Keith played an intense game of Ninja Gaiden on his super nintendo/ nintendo combo. We almost beat the game. Almost! Man we were good. It was just as fun as I remembered it. Maybe even better. Sara and Danielle meanwhile went to Salt Lake and ate something chocolate (I still don't know what) before we went home to Logan. We came back on Sunday to Kaysville to eat dinner with Sara's parents. It was good to see them again. They also have a brand new amazingly awesome garage. Very cool.

This weekend should bring excitement beyond belief to our household. I borrowed Dad's 410 shotgun (which by the way I found out is equivalent to a 67 gauge, cool huh?) and we are going grouse hunting somewhere on Saturday morning and/or evening. I am trying to get one or two friends to go with me but if that doesn't work I am hoping Sara will have pity on me and go. Oh man I can't wait to eat some delicious grouse (or rabbit). joy.

No comments: