Monday, April 6, 2009

interesting stuff

I finally got all the data transferred to our new computer. I think we ended up having like 30 GB to transfer so it wasn't so bad. In the meantime we have re fallen in love with Pandora now that we can actually listen to it (and use other programs). I also discovered a very interesting bug/phenomena associated with pandora. If you have the time to do it I'd be interested to see if it happens on all computers (xp, vista, hp, dell, etc.). Okay you open pandora in one tab in internet explorer then let it load up and start to play. Then in another tab (same browser) open gmail and log into your account. Let your gmail load up then click the x on the gmail tab. When I do that internet explorer freaks out and starts bringing up new windows that log me into my gmail account. I thought it might have an end but it will just continue bringing up new windows forever. I tested it out at work and it does the same thing (that one has xp and my computer has vista). Here is a screen shot of it happening (29 windows opened up). It actually may be just google apps (which is what we use for my work) that does it.

Conference Sunday we went to Laketown to see Mom and Dad. It was good to just be away from Logan and the demands of homework. Amazingly, I still got it done (most likely thanks to my new 10 key numbers on the computer.) Mom and Dad gave us their old KitchenAid Mixer. Sara is going to make some bread and is excited for it. I'm pumped to get homemade bread. We've wanted a mixer for a while but would never feel justified in buying one used or new right now.

I went to my 1st mission reunion in Bountiful on Friday. It was a blast! It was like a family reunion just the way it should be. Everyone there was someone I wanted to see and just about all of them were there too. Quite an experience, too, to see my mission president talk about politics and the economy and how he likes to watch the 9:00 news. My mission president's wife, however gave a talk just like she used to give back in GA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my kitchenaid mixer! I make everything in it. Tell sara that you can get extra stuff online through amazon! You can even get a meat grinder attachment!
And cool beans about the reunion, it was weird meeting jake's cause they all where seeing who knew the language still, but I caught them off guard when I said so phrases.