Monday, August 18, 2008

Deer!

This weekend we went up to the Major's cabin in Park City with Keith and Danielle. We had a blast getting there as you can see. We stopped to get some supplies at some ghetto grocery store and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a pink pig!








When we got there we played some serious Settlers of Catan and Jungle Speed. Now that (Jungle Speed) is an intense game! It's like war where if you match cards then you grab a totem pole in the middle. But the hard part is that all the cards look the same sometimes it's an octagon, square and octagon on one card which doesn't match your card because it's a circle, square, circle. Very confusing. When we got done my brain was freaking out about to explode.



On the way back we saw a deer cross the road and discovered it was a buck. Not a dinky 2-point though, it was a huge 4 point! Then it went down the hill to another deer which we foolishly assumed would be a doe. But it was another huge 4 point. The pictures are kindof bad and I only got a picture of one but you can get a gander at it's humongosity.





Back at home the crops are doing well. The corn is about ripe and the pumpkin is about to become a pumpkin instead of a flower. The other day though I found a root right in the middle of the garden about 2 inches down. I dug a little further and found it was this huge beast! It took me 3 days, 10 gallons of water, and an 8 foot 2" pipe to pry it out. I am considering mounting it on the wall next to my awesome deer horns. It took about as much effort to get them both. Our sunflower is not doing so well. I transplanted it from the shade to a place that is more sunny and when I did it almost died. It's still alive but it is growing whichever way it wants to.

No comments: