Friday, August 8, 2008

Home sweet home

Last night I got back from Rock Springs. It was just going to be the 2 days but ended up being 3 that I was gone. I went to Big Piney on Tuesday then drove 2 more hours to get to Rock Springs to the hotel. (I i figured that would be better than leaving Logan at 4:00 to get to Rock Springs by 8:00.) Rock Springs was for the most part easier than I thought but I'm glad I spent a lot of time at home practicing with an evaluation copy of the software. Then when I was there I was supposedly going to be using their software but their software lock wasn't working. So guess what system I used? My own evaluation copy. They were fairly impressed that I came that prepared and liked that I knew the software as good as I did. I still have a long ways to go but it would've been bad news if I hadn't practiced. They gave me 20 drawings to revise which they figured would take me around 4 days to complete (2 days this week and 2 days next week). Well I got those done in a day and a half and ended up having to go to the shop with a pipefitter and sketch my own drawings. Word from my boss is that they really liked having a real drafter on-site who knows what they are doing. The plant manager in Rock Springs basically asked my boss to give me a raise too! We are excited about that.

It sure wasn't fun to be away from Sara though. I ate at IHOP one night and had a lonely lonely big bacon omelette. Delicious but lonely. What made it worse is that I had a huge hotel room. Since we booked so late we took the last non-smoking room available. It had 2 queen sized beds, a 27" TV and a fridge and microwave. All that just for me. They had a pool and hot tub available which I almost went to but when I got close I saw a bunch of creepy old men in there and got so scared I decided to retreat to my room.

Back at home Sara is doing awesome in her job. She sets goals every night for how much she will collect from the customers and she has been setting them high and reaching or nearly getting them every night. She really likes not having to run around and be a grumpy manager's gopher girl too.

Last weekend we also went to Bear Lake. We learned that coming at 3:00 is never a good idea because it gets really windy and gives you sand burns in uncomfortable places. We tried to have fun nonetheless. At night we went fishing and caught 15 catfish with Dad. Then we went to Laketown, ate some greasy burgers and oh-so-delicious ice cream and raspberries while jamming with Frank and Amy who were there to pick up Ava and Koben. Sweet sweet goodness. Oh and when we were there we got a wedding gift- $19.38. That's right nineteen dollars and thirty-eight cents. Weird huh? Not really it was from a friend. That's just the kind of guy he is. Now if only we can firure out what item to purchase that costs exactly $19.38.

No comments: