Sunday, August 24, 2008

jam, injuns, demolition derby

Hey this is Sara updating the blog, mixing things up.
Well this weekend was so much fun for us. We spent yesterday and this morning in Laketown. I really enjoyed spending time with Freds parents, everytime we get a chance to go up I realize what great people Fred has for parents. I am just so proud to be their daughter-in-law and I know that its a rare thing to have such loving in-laws and I am really grateful for that. So here in the breakdown of our trip. We got there saturday morning and I got to witness such a faith strengthing moment as Fred gave his mother a blessing. Then we got to pick raspberries and I learned that bee's do not automatically attack you as soon as your arm is in range. I picked very peacefully and cautiously with about a million bee's hovering around me, what a blast. Then me and Fred got a hands on training session on how to make raspberry jam from Freds mom. That was so fun and I was really amazed at how much patience Kathryn had for us as Fred asks her a ton of questions and then I (totally not paying attention) asked the exact same ones because we both made a batch of jam.
Then me and Fred took a little adventure to see the "Indian" which is a rock formation just outside of town. It was pretty cool looking and the real adventure was climbing up to get a better look. Thats right straight up a rocky mountain. Once we got there we found probably the smallest lizard I have ever seen and it was so cute. Fred tried to pick it up and I am sure he must have crushed some of its vital organs because it didn't move for a long time and when he set it down there was a weird bump on its back like on of its ribs were broken. But luckily it was not dead. Then we had the task of climbing down the mountain, about half way was when I realized that it was kind of stupid to climb up in the first place as I kept seeing visions of me taking one wrong step and falling all the way down.
Next we did some target shooting which was very hot but fun. After that we got to go to the Laketown Demolition Derby with Freds dad. It was so much fun watching the awesome wrecks. They had this weird four wheeler race where the object of the race was to knock the balloon off the other contests while on a four wheeler. Its was so dangerous and to everyones surprise no one got hurt. But the rest of the Derby was awesome and we had a blast hang out with Ken. Then we got home and Fred tried to set up a web cam for his folks while conferencing with Marianne over the phone. Eventually it did work and we got to see Marianne with her baby boy. His is so cute and doesn't wake up for anything, it was so funny to see her move him around and he didn't even open an eye. Today has been pretty chill as we have been trying to soak up whatever laziness is left from the summer and wait for the dreaded first day of school tomorrow. Oh well this summer has been pretty fun and it will be nice to use my brain. again.

No comments: