Monday, March 23, 2009

over the sickness

Well for the past 2 weeks we have been down really bad with the flu. We were quarantined the entire spring break and most of last week. I had to skip a couple days of school because of it. But we are in good shape now. We still have what seems to be a bit of a cold or something but it might just be the weather changing on us.


Weather has also been a crazy ride. The foot of snow we got for spring break disappeared and the sun even came out. Our Landlord got ambitious and started cleaning up the yard and trimming bushes. I thought about raking the garden to get it ready for May. It got so nice that I even wore flip-flops and shorts on Saturday. Then today it snowed. Not much- probably like an inch or so but it will probably be gone as soon as the sun comes out.


My phone has been freaking out lately. It will just turn itself off at random times. I think it had a short circuit in it or something. Well I hate getting a new phone because you have to relearn everything and I don't use it enough to justify relearning a new phone or paying the money to get a camera phone or anything. So I went to ebay and got the exact same phone I already had for 8 bucks. Sara has been giving me grief over that but man I love it. It is exactly the same except it works and doesn't short out at weird times. It also came with a ring tone of the song "bad to the bone". I subsequently made that the ring tone for when Sara calls to spite her dislike of my new phone.


While I was on ebay I looked up indian head pennies. I've always considered myself a raging numismatist and as such I like having indian head pennies. Mern gave me one one time and I was so happy to get it because it's in a special case to protect it. Anyway to make a long story a bit longer, I wanted to have a lucky penny that wasn't in a case that I could flip and put in my pocket and pretty much get dirty. So I bought one off ebay for cheap in the last 10 seconds of the auction.


Sara's birthday is coming up this week on Thursday and from what I've heard we have a lot of plans surrounding that day or this weekend to celebrate the event. So far Sara hasn't found out all of her presents hopefully it will remain that way for a few more days.

Saturday we went bargain shopping at DI. We went in there to get a cheap speaker for our kitchen. We got one for a buck but of course we looked around and decided to get a puzzle. Me and Mern used to crank out puzzles back in the glory days but.... those days are past. In fact I think it was more Mern doing the puzzle as I got a couple pieces in then she would say "Look we got it done". Anyway, we were feeling ambitious and got a 1,500 piece puzzle. We set it up on the Kitchen table and worked on it for 3 hours that first night but only got the edges and a little bit here and there done. The puzzle is 3 feet by 3 feet so it takes up a ton of room. We had to move it to our counter/table right in the kitchen. It's a fun distraction but would probably have been better started in the summer or at the start of the weekend. We just don't have 20 hours to sit down and do nothing but puzzle ourselves. Plus, we like to eat, so taking up the kitchen table didn't work so well.

4 comments:

Goldthorpes said...

Fred you are alot like Steven in how you like to wear things out. I am glad you are both feeling better. Happy Birthday to Sara in a few days.

Frank and Amy said...

Hey, you hadn't posted in so long I thought maybe the Flu had gotten the best of you. Glad to hear your feeling better though. Good luck on the puzzle. Happy early birthday Sara!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sara's birthday is the same day as Jake's! That is so weird! hey check this out! www.avo.alaska.edu/.

Kade said...

Your blog is "Bad to the Bone"